Teddy Boy, Baner has been in news for all the good reasons ever since it started. A brilliant launch party followed by celebrity visits, packed weekends and weekdays. Teddy Boy has now become the go-to place for the party goers who fancy a good roof top ambiance. The view from the roof top is mind blowing.
From the kitchen and the bars, here are a few must haves…
- Apple Cinnamon Mojito: White rum, mint and lime with hint of apple juice, apple wedges and topped with a cinnamon stick. The flavors of each and every ingredient in the drink could be identified.
- Banana Bubbly Pan: Molecular gastronomy fans, here you go. Vodka, rose and paan and bubbling all throughout. Very potent and flavorful drink
- Black Forest Martini: The name simply suggests what we were served. Strong martini, shaken not stirred, with black forest. I was very skeptical about having it, but glad that I did. Good flavors of the black forest blended well with the martini.
- Teddy Fiery Prawns/ Grilled Herb Prawns: The prawns were as fresh as it can get, hence the both the preparations were good. Choose the preparations – fiery prawns in spicy sauce and mild grilled herb prawns- and you are in for a treat.
- Mutton Kulcha: Full marks for the preparation of mutton which made way for a great dish. Spicy dry mutton stuffed in Kulcha is what you need on a cold night.
- Grilled Chicken Steak with wine sauce: The chicken, though a tad overcooked, was full of flavors and the use of wine sauce was really good. Served with roast potatoes and grilled veggies.
- Grilled Fish with Strawberry Wine Sauce: Chef’s specialty. Nicely grilled fish with strawberry wine jus served with mash and grilled veggies.
The presentation of all the dishes served were brilliant and exquisite. However, the number of hits and misses were almost the same. The chef, I am sure with what she has presented, has potential and the success of Teddy Boy lies there. Tweaks here and there, a new reliable resto is in the making.